We have a duty of care for all of the children in our school. Safeguarding is the action that is taken to promote the welfare of children and protect them from harm.
- Protecting children from abuse and maltreatment
- Preventing impairment of children’s mental and physical health or development
- Ensuring children grow up with the provision of safe and effective care
- Taking action to enable all children and young people to have the best outcomes
- Protecting children from Child Sexual Exploitation and child criminal exploitation or activity
If you have any concerns about a child or young person you can speak to one of our Safeguarding leads at school.
The DSLs at Maplefields Academy are:
- Jessie Walker – Head Teacher
- Pete Ijewsky – Deputy Head
- Helen Field - SENCO
- Barry Curtis – Extended Team Leader